Friday, February 16, 2007

Teacher Training

As most of you have already known, I am now in my 2nd week of my teachers training. Although it is tough (working in the morning, lectures in the afternoon and more studying at night and early mornings), it is really worth it. Even though I have been teaching, lecturing and tutoring many students back in Singapore, the methods I used then was based on trial and error. I was lucky that most of my students succeeded . Through this course (even though, it has only been 2 weeks), I have learned things like the theories behind the learning, educational psychology, how to motivate students and introduced to the different educational philosophers like Dewey, Steiner and Montesorri. It won't be long too before I get my first teaching experience in one of the local schools in Palmerston. I am really looking forward to this experience.

Happy Chinese New Year 2007 to all my friend and relatives all over the world.

No comments: